Prep Time: 40 min Serves: 12 Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
3 packages Manischewitz Homestyle Potato Latke Mix
7 eggs (6 for latke mix + 1 for egg wash)
3 cups water
1 cup chopped chives
3 grated yellow onions
3 grated potatoes
5 sliced tomatoes (for serving)
2 sliced red onions (for serving)
2 containers of sour cream ( 16oz each)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix together Manischewitz Homestyle Potato Latke Mix as instructed.
3. Let mix thicken while grating onions and potatoes.
4. Thinly slice chives.
5. Add grated onions, potatoes and 1/3 cup sliced chives into mixture.
6. Over sink, pour mixture into colander to remove excess liquid. Press down firmly with mixing spoon to ensure mixture is adequately drained.
7. Form latkes from mixture using 1/4 measuring cup, placing into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake latkes for 15 minutes, remove and lightly cover in egg wash.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lakes have lightly browned.
10. While latkes are baking, mix together sour cream and 1/3 cup chives.
11. Thinly chop tomatoes and red onion to place on serving dishes.
12. Once latkes are done spread a thin layer of sour cream mixture on top of latke, top with piece of lox, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chives.
One thought on “Passover Brunch Made Easy”
Love these year around! Light, healthy and so yummy. Clever reinvention of the oily latke.